Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), an apex body in India for formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world. National Center for Disease Information and Research (NCDIR) is one of the 26 research institutes of ICMR. ICMR-NCDIR stands at the forefront of diagnosis and research to diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, CVD and recently the novel Coronavirus or Covid-19. They plan, facilitate and support programmes of surveillance (electronic or otherwise) of diseases by collection and analysis of reliable data on magnitude and patterns. ICMR-NCDIR utilizes Information Technology for health research as its integral component.
ICMR – NCDIR
Modern research with sophisticated technologies demanded a resilient network backbone to meet and process high volume of data to achieve faster results for their research. To perform Big Data analysis and support their medical research activities, NCDIR had to circumvent the below challenges:
- Legacy Network: ICMR had their current network functioning and expected to have high available network for the research cell and users, and connect all the buildings in the campus
- Power hungry research: ICMR felt the need for more bandwidth of network for faster and better results for their research.
Netcon’s certified professionals did an extensive study of the existing infrastructure, gathered user inputs and proposed a resilient network architecture to address the above challenges. They worked in collaboration with NCDIR team and detailed the technical requirements along with the right technology and best practices.
- Completed the upgradation of campus network backbone and Passive Backbone Design for the entire campus with redundancy.
- Enabled 2 Tier Network Architecture with fiber connectivity for all Edge nodes.
- Implemented Software Defined Access (SDA) Ready Network enabling mobility across the campus.
- Provided Cisco catalyst switches to support SDN (Software Define Network).
- Established a secured user on-boarding system.
- Managed to troubleshoot all the existing pain points of the customer and were able to solve the issues.