Learn how Netcon engaged with a leading conglomerate to design & implement IT Infrastructure for a safe city project that helps civic bodies to take informed decision.
A Smart City
This city in Maharashtra is one the fastest growing in the world. This city was one among the 100 cities selected under “Smart Cities Mission” by Government of India to implement various technology enabled projects to transform it as a Smart City.
Netcon partnered with a leading Master System Integrator (MSI) to design & implement the ICT infrastructure for smart elements and city surveillance across the City.
The key challenges were to:
- Design and Implement a dedicated multi-tenant, city-wide fibre optic network for connecting various smart elements, security cameras, WiFi and Civic offices
- Design and implement WiFi hotspots at various locations in the city.
- Design and Implement an Integrated Command & Control and City Operations Centre
- Integration of various smart elements with an intelligent command & control solution
Netcon designed city wide 1200km fibre optic MPLS core network with two core routers, 10 Zonal level P-routers, 136 Ward level PE-routers. Based on the site survey, Netcon meticulously designed the complete route plan for a fault tolerant fibre ring network covering the entire city. With this multi-tenant, virtualised MPLS network, separate VRFs are established for surveillance and various smart elements. This has enabled each system to be logically isolated thereby provding guaranteed performance and security.
Netcon implemented about 130 public WiFi-hotspots with 1300 access points and integrated with the centralised WiFi authentication and management system.
To secure a better future, the city’s infrastructure was designed and built using smart elements, such as CCTV, Wi-Fi, Kiosks, Emergency Call Boxes and Variable Messaging Displays. A 40km “smart strip” was implemented with smart lighting and smart transport systems. All these smart elements are integrated with Cisco Kinetic platform for centralised operations and command & control.
Netcon designed the Datacenter (Primary & DR), CCC, City Operations Center and implemented a high available virtualised compute and storage solution for running critical surveillance and smart city applications.
The entire solution is implemented successfully and operational since 2018.
- Virtualized DC with 1500 Cores compute, 5PB Storage
- 2 x Tier III Active-Active DCs with 95% network availability
- 1200km Fibre optic ring network
- MPLS Network with 2 core, 10 P-Routers and 136 PE-Routers
- Integrated CCC and COC
- 4000 cameras
- 1300 Access Points
- 20+ smart elements