Netcon helps IIT Tirupati to implement modern software defined campus network with disruptive technologies to enhance student experience.
Indian Institute of Technology, Tirupati
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Tirupati is the first among the third phase of IITs announced by Government of India in 2014. IIT, Tirupati started functioning with the support of its mentoring institute, IIT-Chennai and the campus is set to operate out of its permanent campus to cater to 2500 students, 250 faculty members and 275 staff members by 2024. With the Government of Andhra Pradesh nurturing Tirupati to be the knowledge hub of the state and close proximity to industrial cities, IIT-Tirupati is well positioned to become one of the fastest growing premier institutes in the country.
Being a green field campus, IIT-Tirupati prefers to establish state-of-the-art software defined campus network embracing cutting-edge technologies. The institution has defined roadmap to include the following salient features at its campus.
- A resilient campus-wide network
- Unleash interactive learning models using intuitive collaboration technologies
- Smart and secure campus framework with dynamic onboarding of students, faculties and guests
- Simple network management platform that can provide visibility
Netcon facilitated in expanding IIT-Tirupati’s horizon by enabling digital technologies in their new campus and;
- Established a resilient and high available two-tier campus-wide Network Infrastructure
- Automated the User On-Boarding Process
- Improved User Visibility and Identification
- Identity Service Engine for Network Access Control
- Cisco Clean Air for RF Mitigation
- Open LDAP Integration
- Secure User On-boarding
- BYOD Access for Students
- Cisco Catalyst Switching, Cisco Wireless